Home | Products | Writing | Contact
RegEditX 3.0 - Tweaks for the Windows Registry Editor (REGEDIT)
The Registry Editor enhanced by RegEditX.
RegEditX Crawler provides lightning fast Search (and Replace).
"You're absolutely right when you say one will never want to edit the registry any other way. A godsend ...." - B.X.
RegEditX makes your registry editing more productive than ever. RegEditX extends the standard Windows Registry Editor (REGEDIT), so you don't have to learn new ways of accomplishing tasks you already know how to perform. Just keep using the same familiar Registry Editor --- more efficiently.
Once you've tried RegEditX, you won't want to edit the registry any other way.
The new toolbar contains buttons to launch the innovative RegEditX Crawler for lightning fast searches and bookmarks.
The new combo box under the menu bar tracks the registry keys which you have viewed or edited. Continue using REGEDIT as you did before --- expand keys in the tree or edit them in the list --- and these keys automatically appear in the combo box. Then navigate back to them by selecting them from the combo box.
The new combo box also lets you Cut, Copy, and Paste keys to and from the Windows clipboard. Many online documents contain references to keys such as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\DCSoft\RegEditX. Simply copy this text to the clipboard and paste it into the combo box to instantly navigate to it.
The list columns are "automagically" resized to optimally show key values - no more mouse gyrations to resize columns as you navigate to different keys.
A RegEditX pull-down menu is added to manage RegEditX.
Run RegEditX from any command-line (or open the Start menu and select Run) simply by typing "RegEditX <start key>".
Works with Win 8 / 7 / Vista / XP.
RegEditX now includes Registry Crawler (from 4Developers) and works seemlessly with Vista and Windows 7 UAC. It prompts for elevation (must run as Administrator, same as RegEdit.exe).
Both x86 and x64 versions are included in the download. The correct one is automatically installed.
Article: Clone RegEditX and Registry Crawler
Quickly copy RegEditX and Registry Crawler to another computer, preserving options and settings.
RegEditX has been ...
- rated 4.5 (out of 5) stars at WINGUIDES.COM (highly, highly recommended site for registry tips).
- listed 4 times (1 2 3 4 ) in the excellent Lockergnome Newsletters by Chris Pirillo.
- optimized with comments by Benny Pedersen.
- recommended in PC Computing, October 1998 "Registry Survival Guide."
- listed in WINDOWS Magazine, June 1998 "100 Best Shareware Programs."
- discussed in InfoWorld, July 14, 1997 by columnist Brian Livingston.
... recommended or redistributed with several Windows Registry books:
- Windows 98 Secrets by Brian Livingston and David Straub (IDG Books)
- Windows 95 and NT 4.0 Registry and Customization Handbook by Jerry Honeycutt (Que)
- Windows 98 Registry Little Black Book by Greg Holden (Coriolis Group)
- 1001 Secrets for Windows NT Registry by Tim Daniels (Duke Press)
- Optimizing the Windows Registry by Kathy Ivens (IDG Books)
- Using the Windows 98 Registry (Macmillan Computer Publishing)
- Windows NT Expert Companion by Stu Sjouwerman (Microsoft Press)
... and most importantly, loved by registry tweakers worldwide:
- "I have used it for months, and I'd HATE to be without it! Pasting a registry key and hitting Enter is immensely faster and more convenient than navigating through that annoying, convoluted tree structure." -S.P.
- "Every now and then a new POWER app comes along. Your [sic] is simply one of the best I have used this year." -C.E.
- "Excellent utility. You're absolutely right when you say one will never want to edit the registry any other way. A godsend ... As an example of your work, it makes obvious the underlying quality and really does point out that anything else you put out will have the same polish." - B.X.
- "This program is GREAT. I constantly have to go into the registry to customize the installation procedures we use at Boeing. This has made it extremely easy to go to those areas I need. Thanks for a great product." - B.C.
Extend your trial for life by purchasing a RegEditX license. Two versions are available, depending on whether you need to support PC's in an enterprise setting:
For use on PC's which log into a domain (and those which do not).
For use on PC's which solely do not log into a domain*.
*If you don't know what a domain is, choose the Pro version. :-)
Your license is available for download immediately.
Download Free Evaluation
This is a fully featured, 30 day trial. Experience more productive registry editing today!
Dec 31, 2012
Compatible with Win 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
x86 / x64
There is no adware, spyware, forced registration, crippling, or any other obligation.
Crawler Search & Replace has no visual feedback, can't be cancelled, and is slower than Search-only.
Crawler Search only finds first string in REG_MULTI_SZ entries.
Home | Products | Writing | Contact